Can I drop in whenever I want?
We can never guarantee that a spot will be open since there are certain numbers of equipment. Also, most programs are designed as a progressive learning style. It’s recommended that you wait for a new series to begin or take a look at our single class schedule for drop-in classes that can be modified for all levels of experience.
What do you learn in the 12 week pole level classes?
Classes are properly instructed with gradual pole moves to prevent injury. You will learn a series of pole dancing and pole fitness moves and during the last 6 weeks you will learn a choreographed piece to combine what you have learned!
What do I wear?
Typical fitness attire, however we do ask that your clothing is free from any metal such as zippers, studs, etc. Certain types of clothing are required for the type of classes you’re in. For example, when climbing the pole you would require shorts, for polefit indoor running shoes are recommended, for aerial silks you must wear leggings and the armpits must be covered.
What kind of footwear do I bring?
We go barefoot pretty much in every class! Some classes might require that you wear socks for pole flow, platforms for rising women, or typical running shoes for PoleFit.
Do I need to be strong, fit or lose weight prior to joining?
No! We teach you everything you need to know! Every body type and fitness level are welcome!
I am a beginner and have never done this before!
Our classes are well broken down to help you gain the confidence you need. Everyone needs to start somewhere!
What is the difference between Pole Fitness Level classes and PoleFIT class?
PoleFIT is more focused on all the strength-building exercises that are incorporated with the pole. We make squats, lunges, and pull-ups safe and rewarding by using the pole for stability and support. There is also a cardio aspect incorporated which can be described basically as pole aerobics.
Pole levels are fun and effective by doing repetitions of the moves you learn each week, working different muscles each time. Levels are for those who want to learn all the spins, pole holds, and some pole dance choreography. If you decide you love pole choreography even more then we have choreo classes you can join as well such as pole flow or rising women.
I have a background in dance, fitness and/or gymnastics - do I have to start in beginner pole?
The answer is yes. It’s important to understand the terminology used and the basic body alignment and technique for pole fitness. This is important to keep your body injury-free and for you to be able to build upon more advanced moves, also to understand how to effectively use the pole as it is a piece of fitness equipment. If someone is progressing at a stronger pace, it may be considered for them to move up a level.
I’m concerned about my medical condition or past injuries.
If you are worried about any aspect of your health, we advise you to talk to your doctor prior to attending classes. As with any physical activity, a medical note is required if you are living with a known condition.
STUDIO POLICY & ETIQUETTE
To ensure we maintain a safe and fun atmosphere, everyone must abide by the studio rules.
- Please be on time for class. It is VERY important to warm up properly!
- Please refrain from teaching and spotting your fellow students. This is an insurance violation and safety rule.
- Please wipe ALL equipment and poles down after use, also return them to their designated spot.
- No jewelry or metal (on clothing) of any kind!
- When first inverting, an instructor must be present to spot you.
- Avoid cell phone use when possible.
- We advise leaving valuables at home such as your jewelry. The studio is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Refrain from using creams/oils/lotions prior as you will slip which is dangerous to your own health.
- Only indoor shoes or bare feet are allowed in the studio area.
- No gum
- Please be mindful of noise level while class in is progress.
- It is mandatory to sign a waiver prior to participation in any of our classes.
- Be respectful to your fellow students and instructors.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICIES
- Payment is due upfront and prior to beginning your class.
- Advanced payment is required for all private/semi-private lessons and parties unless discussed and agreed upon. If payment is not received by the deadline, your class time is forfeit and will automatically be canceled.
- Payments are made in full unless mentioned in the contract otherwise.
- Money will not be refunded to unattended class times or transferred to an upcoming registration.
- No refunds unless a medical note is applicable for the remainder of classes. As with any physical activity, if you are worried about any medical conditions or injuries you must consult your doctor prior to attending any class.
- Methods of payment are online through our Wellness Living system, E-transfer or cash in studio.
- We ask that you kindly notify ahead of time if you will be missing a class.